The earliest 401(k) plans came on the scene in 1980. Our practice is unusually rare by incorporating both plan administration and prior experience in product development associated with such plans. Our personal experience with 401(k) and profit sharing plans dates back to the early 1980s.
We are pleased to offer turn-key services, including the following brief overview. Please contact us for a detailed list of services.
- Design the plan, and create the volume-submitter document and related compliance material
- Annual funding calculation, compliance testing, participant certificates, and distributions from the plan
- Communication with various stakeholders
- Preparation of the plan’s tax return and related government filings
- Discussions with the IRS and DOL when needed
- Client representations during audits as an Enrolled Actuary
- Ultimate termination of the plan
We are experienced in cross-tested plan designs. When our clients have both a 401(k) and defined benefit type plan, we are pleased to administer both plans, since doing so allows us to provide broader insight. However, we do not insist on administering both plans, and we have a number of clients who wish to employ different administrators for their two different plans. In those cases we coordinate matters with the other TPA.